Works Contract VAT / CST
& GST -with Budget Changes
Includes the Recent Amendments to the
CST Act in Union Budget
17 March 2012 - JW Marriott, MUMBAI (M VAT)
24 March 2012 - The Lalit, BANGALORE (K VAT)
An exclusive program designed especially for those Executives connected with Works Contract transactions of their Companies.
The workshop covers concepts of Works Contracts, Interstate Works Contracts, VAT Credits for WC, TDS ( WC ) Provisions , Specific cases of WC & Service Tax like AMCs, Construction Contracts etc. A must workshop for All Contractors and Contractees , with the well known Expert in the field.
Also covering overview of proposed Goods & Services Tax ( GST ) with latest updates . Amendments to the CST Act in the Recent Union Budget of 2011-12 .and Amendments to VAT Act & Rules in the Recent Budget of 2011-12
Workshop Schedule :
9:30 AM- 11:00 AM
• What is Works Contract?
• What is Deemed Sale?
• Definition of Works Contact under M VAT Act (M VAT- MUMBAI, K-VAT- Bangalore)
• Basic Concepts of Levy of Works Contract.
• Divisible & Indivisible Works Contracts.
11:00 AM- 11:30 AM Tea Break
11:30 AM- 1:00 PM
• Provisions of M VAT, M-VAT (Mumbai) & K VAT (Bangalore)- & Rules for Works Contract.
• The 3 Options namely Actual Deduction, Standard Deduction & Composition.
• Practical Illustrations for all the three options and the Best Option.
• Availability VAT Credit to both Contractor and the Contractee.
• The provision of TDS ( WC )
• Transaction between Main & Sub Contractor.
• Concept of Free Issues under Works Contract .
• VAT & Service Tax on the same transaction
1:00 PM- 2:00 PM- Lunch Break
2:00 PM- 3:30 PM
• The Interstate Works Contract under CST Act .
• Concrete Illustrations of Interstate Works Contracts
• Sale in Transit ( E-1 Sale ) under the CST Act
• Sale on High Seas under the CST Act
• Checklists for Contractors & Contractees
• Important Judgments under Works Contracts
• Works Contract Provisions --- State wise Comparison
• Implications of M/s K Raheja Judgment of the Supreme Court
• The Specific clauses of Sales Tax in the Agreements
• Recent Amendments to the CST Act in Union Budget
• Recent Amendments to the MVAT Act in Maharashtra Budget
3:30 PM- 3:45 PM Tea Break
3:45 PM- 5:15 PM
• The Proposed GST in India ---- Concept , Changes , Model of GST etc.
• Question Answers.
Faculty:Mr. S.M. Kulkarni
• Vice President- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (Head of Corporate Sales Tax)
• 28 years of rich experience in corporate management in the Sales Tax function dealing with Sales Tax department and all India Sales Tax functions for his company.
• In-charge of VAT implementation in Mahindra & Mahindra since the introduction of the scheme in Maharashtra, 6 years back.
• Chairman indirect taxation committee of Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• Eminent faculty on VAT, Sales Tax and Service Tax
Timings9:30 am - 5:00 pm , Registration begins at 9:00 am
How to Register
• Fees: Rs.7,500/- +10.3 % service tax per person
• Please write to email@example.com / Call -022 66976892
• Mention the name of participant, company, contact details .
• Cheque favouring Princeton Academy Mumbai II Pvt. Ltd. payable at Mumbai.
• Fees includes lunch, tea, course material etc.
Register for Seminar
Online Registration form
Registered Office Address
Princeton Academy502 Shalimar Morya Park,Link Road,
Andheri [W], Mumbai - 400053. INDIA
Tel: +91 22 66976892 | Fax: 022 26733060