With Latest Changes
By An Eminent Faculty
The workshop covers concepts of Works Contracts, Interstate Works Contracts, VAT Credits for WC, TDS ( WC ) Provisions , Specific cases of Works Contract tax & Service Tax like AMCs, Construction Contracts etc.
Also covering overview of proposed Goods & Services Tax ( GST ) and Service Tax with latest updates . Amendments to the CST Act in the Recent Budget.
Target Audience – A must workshop for
Managers/Senior Executives from
- Sub Contractors
- Senior Executives at SME’s
Workshop Schedule :
9:30 AM- 11:00 AM
- What is Works Contract tax?
- What is Deemed Sale?
- Definition of Works Contact tax under D-VAT -Delhi, TN-VAT Act- Chennai, M-VAT Act- Mumbai
- Basic Concepts of Levy of works contract tax.
- Divisible & Indivisible Works Contracts.
11:00 AM- 11:30 AM Tea Break
11:30 AM- 1:00 PM
- Provisions of D-VAT -Delhi, TN-VAT- Chennai, M VAT- Mumbai- & Rules for Works Contract.
- The 3 Options namely Actual Deduction, Standard Deduction & Composition.
- Practical Illustrations for all the three options and the Best Option.
- Availability VAT Credit to both Contractor and the Contractee.
- The provision of TDS ( WC )
- Transaction between Main & Sub Contractor.
- Concept of Fre e Issues under Works Contract .
- VAT & Service Tax on the same transaction
1:00 PM- 2:00 PM- Lunch Break
2:00 PM- 4:00 PM
- The Interstate Works Contract under CST Act .
- Concrete Illustrations of Interstate Works Contracts
- Sale in Transit ( E-1 Sale ) under the CST Act
- Sale on High Seas under the CST Act
- Checklists for Contractors & Contractees
- Important Judgments under Works Contracts
- Works Contract Provisions — State wise Comparison
- Implications of M/s K Raheja Judgment of the Supreme Court
- The Specific clauses of Sales Tax in the Agreements
- The Proposed GST in India —- Concept , Changes , Model of GST etc.
Mr. S.M. Kulkarni
Vice President- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (Head of Corporate Sales Tax)
- 30 years of rich experience in corporate management in the Sales Tax
- function dealing with Sales Tax department and all India Sales Tax functions for his company.
- In-charge of VAT implementation in Mahindra & Mahindra .
- Ex – Chairman indirect taxation committee of Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Convener of Finance & Taxation Panel of CII ( Western Region )
- Eminent faculty on VAT, Central Sales Tax and Service Tax
Timings: 9:30 am – 4:30 pm , Registration begins at 9:00 am
Fees: Rs. 8,500/- +14 % service tax per person
- Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org / Call -022 66976892
Mention the name of participant, company, contact details .
Cheque favoring Princeton Academy Mumbai II Pvt. Ltd. payable at Mumbai.
Fees includes lunch, tea, course material etc.